Monday, July 09, 2007

News to date

Well, I've been a little slack posting - just haven't had much of a commitment to it - no great reason.

Anyway, here's an update. I found out on Friday that I WILL be tutoring next term again - thought I wasn't going to get ANY tutoring due to budget cutbacks, but they've realised that the full time staff just cannot handle the current workloads! So, instead of ZERO hours, I now have SIX hours a week tutoring. Good courses too - so I'm pleased!

My health has been pretty good. Haven't lost an extrodinary amount of weight - which is kind of disheartening - because I haven't been 'naughty' either. BUT when I measured myself today, it looks like I'm losing WAIST not weight. 2 cm off my waist, 4cm off my hips, and 2 cm off my thighs - so either I'm measuring all wrong - or something's going right.

I'm going to go with the glass half full option!

I've been busy with work lately (nothing unusual there though) and we seem to be having a whole heap of new stuff happening - it's pretty exciting - but a LOT of work. One of the really exciting things is the launch of Derivan Liquid Pencil - it's liquid - but when dry, looks like a pencil drawing - really, really cool! Have a look at our website to find out more www.matisse.com.au . There's some really nice images there from artists who have been trialling it for us. I've got a bookmark here that Sue Raccanello 'painted' for me at the RES - adn you would swear it was a pencil sketch - really cute emu it is too.

What else.... what else.... hmmmm....

Michael has been away an awful lot of late. I think in the last month he's been to Brisbane 3 times - generally over the weekend, but once for the week - so that's left the other side of the bed a bit colder - and it's been really COLD here!

Kids are both doing well - see below for pics - aren't they gorgeous! I've had them home for 2 weeks holidays, and although I love them, I'll be glad to send them back to school. It's hard working from home with the constant 'Mum, can I have... '.

Well, I'd better get off to bed. Been up watching the Aust vs Jamaica game - and I'm glad I could help Liz Ellis out with some advice on how to play GK when you're a lot shorter than the opposition... lol....

(did you see the height/length of that GS from Jamaica!!!)

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Julie said...

It was great to catch up Saturday night Michelle - had a ball.
Great news on the extra tutoring hours as well.
LOVE the photos from your last post, they are gorgeous.

chat soon
Julie H xx