Friday, November 16, 2007

More Netball stuff

Well, it's getting to the exciting end of things.... and the games are getting tighter! We've adopted the Botswana team - and our adoptees are proving to be VERY successful - we are very proud of them - and got a special thank you in their speech after the game.

The other big news is my shirt design... it's taken off! Yesterday we went to catch the free shuttle bus to Henderson mall (they have a bus there and back every day) ... and were told that the TV crew had been on the previous bus. We arrived at Laser Copy Design shop - which are the guys that have been doing our shirts for us... to find the TV crew in there, along with a THRONG of Aussie supporters all queuing up for their shirts.... MY shirts! WHAT A BUZZ!!!

I snuck into the corner and asked for my shirts.... but the people that were there being interviewed soon pointed me out.... and I was asked for an interview about the shirts by the TV crew - pretty exciting stuff... but very, very scary too! Didn't say half of what I wanted to! And then back at the stadium, they came and asked us for another interview about netball.... so all we need to do is find where it is online.... haven't had much success so far!

Apparently, as of yesterday MORNING they have had over 100 shirts done up. And that was without the Aussies that only came yesterday even knowing about it.... I'm SURE there'll be more! Good thing was that they GAVE me my 3 shirts yesterday as a thank you for all the business - and the publicity! Not that I asked - but the other girls did!!! It's so wonderful to see something that was just a little thing for our little group get picked up by so many people, and so many being so happy and thankful to be able to get some memorabilia of the netball.

Someone has also arranged to have our signs printed off in bulk so that come the Finals, we're a force to be reckoned with! Can't wait to see it all!v

xx
Shelly

No comments: