Sunday, February 24, 2008

The unexpainable

At the moment, Emily, who is but a mere 9 years old, is listening to her newest most favourite song - You spin me right round, baby, right round, like a record baby, right round round round....

I'm not convinced if she even knows what a record IS!!! I have no idea why this song has become her favourite - but it is! Yes, it's from a 'hits of the 80's) type album... which we were listening to the other night... along with 'you think you're a man, but you're only a boy. you think you're a man, you are only a toy. you think you're a man, but you just couldn't see... you weren't man enough to satisfy me... '

Which, after a couple of wines, had me up and dancing - only to realise that Michael did NOT know the song!!!

And I have to confess, the past month or so, Allan has just shot up in height - and is really becoming a man now... he is nearly the same height as his Dad, and I have to be careful to make sure who's who when I see them out of the corner fo my eye.

And Kerry is HERE!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! Got plenty of cuddles from Baby Mitchell - and lots more from little Zoe - who is still a walking personality! She has gotten over giving us all the cold shoulder though - so that's nice - and it's so wonderful to hear her talking and saying 'Arr-an' and 'e-me-li' and Ahny Sally. Very, very cute.

For those that are interested, had my interview for 'Graduate Relations officer' at the Uni. It was an hour long, and I wasn't on the top of my game - but I think I did quite well. I know I hit some of the questions out of the ball park - and others - well I know I answered them all OK, just hope they weren't looking for specific phrases. They have one more person to interview next week, and then I find out.

I'm up to my neck again marking assignments at the moment (again!). I must say how much I appreciate the HD students - they make marking that much quicker - and more interesting!

And there was SUNSHINE here, and some of the good ole Rocky summer weather - which we haven't really seen much of all summer!

Just saw a draft of the netball draw... and my team has a BYE!!! That is SO NOT FAIR!!! The amount of work we have done to get the season up and going - I desperately NEED a hit out on the courts! *SIGH*

Now, I'm just procrastinating as I don't want to mark anymore assignments - perhaps I should make a reward up if I get them all done... but then I'll be too tired! LOL!

Happy happy chappies!

1 comment:

AngC said...

Hey Michelle!

At least your bye was rained out! One less game you'll miss this season... Thanks for having us around the other night - we both had a great time.

See you soon,
Angela