Monday, March 19, 2007

Graduation


Yep!  I graduated!  Here I am on the hottest day Rockhampton has seen in over 12 years, actually wearing makup and a gown.... it's amazing I was able to get a photo at all before my makeup slid off! It was great to finally get this under my belt and done though!  Very proud moment for me.

On the weekend Michael and I went off to the Japanese restaurant at Rydges (Yeppoon) and had one of the most delightful meals I've ever had to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary (which is today!).  It was more than a meal - it was a real experience the way everything was served, and how much we were given.... it seemed to nearly be an endless supply of food coming out - and all different, creative, and fun!  The service was also brilliant, and we have a really wonderful night.

However, after the wonderful night started to fade, and as we were back home starting to fall asleep, we got a call from my Mum to say Allan's earache had gotten much worse - so Michael ended up having to go out and get him, and take him up to the base hospital.  He was prescribed ear drops - but these didn't seem to go INTO his ear, as it was quite a creamy drop - and by last night he was running a temp and complaining a lot about his ear, even though he'd had some nurofen already.

We decided to take him up to the Mater as they have our dr's surgery on call... costs more, but you get to see a doctor as a proper consultation.  He prescribed antibiotics, and different eardrops.  So, about $200 lighter in pocket.... we came home.  Hopefully this lot will do the trick.

Why is it that kids get sick on weekends when you can't just visit your doctor?

I'm sure there's much more to add.... it's been a while... but I've just been exhausted lately.... situation pretty normal there!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Hiya Michelle!!
first up HUGE CONGRATS on your graduation, what awesome news for you chicky.
Congrats again on your 13th wedding anniversary - glad to read it was mostly an awesome night for you both.
Hope alan's feeling heaps better now.
take care.....