Sunday, May 06, 2007

Procrastination Station

Oh, sigh! Are you a procrastinator like me? It's worse when you have a guilty conscience arguing with you. My mind is having the following argument with itself...

"I'm so sick of this... I want to go and play"
"Well, you can play... but not until you finish marking those assignments"
"But I don't want to.... I want to play"
"And if you go and play and don't get them done... "
"I will, I'll only play for a little while"
"You know yourself better - now go and mark those assignments... "
"I'll just have an apple"
"OK... but come back here to eat it while you're marking assignments..."
"Oooh... that's interesting... "
"Get back and mark those assignments. You can play tomorrow, it's a long weekend"
"But..."
"See, you're getting there... only a few more to go..."
"But, I'm so SICK of it!"
"But it's your RESPONSIBILITY - you promised to hand them back"
"OK... but I'm not going to enjoy it!!"

SIGH. Nearly done though. Only 2 to go... and then next week I get a whole bundle more!

On a lighter note, I've nearly reached my first major weightloss milestone - thought it was time to share some pics...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not bad hey? Nearly 25kg's gone... wow!

I haven't been very creative lately though - not been letting myself while I have had assignments to mark... but going to work on that later... ;)

Hope everyone is well...

4 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

That is awesome Michelle. And it's not just about the pants being too big to stay on, you must be feeling so much better within yourself. I'm sure you will reach your ultimate goal

Anonymous said...

Wow Chelle,
You look awesome!! I am only 10mins from you and well I am so slack!!! Looking forward to catching up very soon with you....

Congrats on the weight loss chooky, you really have done very well!!!!
Chat soon
Ali x

Julie said...

Yes, I'll stick my hand up as being a procrastinator. Had to have a bit of a chuckle over the arguement with yourself, sounds so very familiar.
AWESOME work with the wieght loss Michelle!!!

Serena Lewis said...

WHOO HOO!!! Congratulations on your weight loss, Michelle! You should be very proud of yourself. Well done ~