Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just blogging...

It's good to get back into blogging after such a long time away from it. I didn't realise how much of my 'life' I capture here that my poor ole brain could never retain. Things that you're certain you will remember forever, but can't even retell the next day... lol.

I've developed some VERY bad habits over the holidays. Very late .... errr... mornings... with very long sleep ins, and just blah habits. I'm keen to get back to work, truth be told.

Feeling a lot better now that I've got the Colour Book pretty much sorted. Just have to print it all out and triple check all the page references between it and the workbook - not too bad a job.

Of course, it couldn't all go smoothly - but I feel like Xena Warrior Princess who has done battle with InDesign to wring a half decent index out of it. Apparently it WASN'T me, it was InDesign. I don't know why it all stopped working, I suspect an update in Vista or something caused a chain event of errors. Still can't get Adobe Acrobat in full working order - but don't have the energy to play IT Girl anymore.

We went to see Avatar today - and, after the shock of the entrance prices - thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I was so glad to see that the 3D wasn't some corny gore splashing out at you, but a more honest looking 3D with everything on the screen layered out. The scenery in the movie is awesome too - I was wishing I could visit!! Loved the little lizards that take off like helicopters when you touch them - very cute! We did take the glasses with us though - we paid enough - so if anyone needs a lend... lol...

Mum and Jodie are in Melbourne - and I hear there's a heat wave there - how funny is that! I hope they're having a great time sightseeing and I know they'll love watching the tennis - lucky ducks!

Been playing with PhotoBucket again, and I wanted to do a little tribute to Dad - missing him more, not less.

1 comment:

Wirg's Creative World said...

Love your Dad's tribute Michelle. I've done a few physical ones of my Mum this past year, they are finally making their way about my house. It's been 3 years of denial, never gets any easier. Last week was the 3rd year anniversary of her passing. You do miss them more and more when there's so much you want to share with them. Like my son graduating from yr 12, getting his HSC, his driver's licence and first car. Sigh, glad my Dad has been sharing it with me. x x x