Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Can I throw something????

OK... I've just about had it!!! I want to pick up things and throw them at walls.... big things... brick walls....

I'm just SO frustrated.

I'm a creative type person. I'm good with working out how to use programs and finding all the little things you can do with them. I am NOT an IT person!!!! I really MISS my IT guy.....

I've spent the past few days trying to do things that are not within my areas of strength! Firstly, we need to move hosts for our website. EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING I've done has been wrong. Not really my fault... but just not working the way it does for apparently 95% of the population! So, I've had to sit here while my computer downloads 300+ MB's of information, uploads it... and then find out it's wrong! Last night I spent over 2 hours uploading something.... got to 90% done when I had an inkling it might not be right. Consoled myself that 'they' being the new hosts could surely work it out and kept it going.... at 96% uploaded.... the computer blinked from the storm outside and *blink* the connection was broken!!!!

So, I had to redo it - which, by the way, I was advised had been the wrong files anyway. So I re-did it. For 2 out of our 3 websites. One worked, and it was all unpacked and ready to go live! YAY... but... can't find the codes I need to log into the place I have to go to change it over....

GRRRR

Then this morning, I find out that the other one I'd redone was corrupted.... and could I please do it again....

.... and then my email was sending imaginary posts... keeps saying it's sending 1 of 3 messages... but there's NOTHING in there. So I googled, and found a solution.

Just turned email back on... and all my emails are GONE!!!!

So now I'm re-importing those... and wish I had and IT guy again so I could go and make a coffee while they stressed out and got it all set up for me. HATE this stuff!

OK... might find a coffee and visualise throwing things at a brick wall....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything gets sorted before coffee isn't enough!