Monday, February 05, 2007

Exhausted, sunburnt, but satisfied

Well, another massive weekend for me. This weekend was the annual sign on for netball. As the new President of our club - this was the first big test - to see if we would keep the existing teams, and perhaps grow our club from last year.

We didn't have much time to get it all done - just one week - but I think we did pretty darn well for the short time we had to do it in!

We got out to the netball courts at about 9am... in time to see another club setting up like they owned the place! But we got ours all set up, and we looked pretty good. The wind was blowing a gale though, and eventually our huge 3m umbrella went over, so we had to take it down.

We ended up with MORE teams than last year - so I'm pleased about THAT! And we also got a Jnr H grade formed so Emily can play too!!! YAY!!

My Mum also, after much guilty handwringing, joined up after being with Bluebirds for 10 years - I tell you I felt so awful watching her!!! But the reality is that Bluebirds no longer have the friendly team she played with for years - and last year she played with strangers that didn't really include her in the team. She's often trained with us, and umpired for us, and feels 'at home' with our club members - but she was just so GUILTY... like she was betraying someone! Geez I felt like such a heel (no, I'm not the type of person that can 'poach' players).

All in all, a good result. But with all the worry about having everything we needed, I forgot all about sunscreen - and once the shade went down, I got a dose of Rocky Sun - and my arms are burnt from wearing a singlet shirt... OUCH!! What an IDIOT I am - I hate sunburn!!!

I came home after sign on and spent about an hour in a nice deep tub, and then went out to have a birthday dinner for my brother... came home early as the kids had school today... and fell asleep in front of the TV!!! I was knackered!!!!

Now to sort out these teams!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like you've passed the first test as president with flying colours Michelle - well done!!! Bet Em is all excited that she'll be able to play as well.

take care