Sunday, November 19, 2006

Back again


Hi all

Well, it's been a while - but not as long as it might seem - you see, I DID come back and write up, with LOTS of piccys... but Blogger seemed to think I was over indulgent with the pics... and it decided to wipe them all.... and then, in an attempt to get them back, I also lost long, juicy message I'd just written.

Grr!


But anyway, here I am! There's a bit of news. No, I'm not pregnant! But a couple of friends are! We'll see how many more confess, because there's always a group of people I know that are pregnant at the same time!




Firstly, the fam and I had a really delightful longer weekend away at the Gold Coast last weekend as you can see from som of these piccys... a very nice time indeed!

This weekend I spent Saturday with the delightful Ngaire Bartlem ..... well, me, and a couple dozen of my closest friends... well, OK... I didn't know most of them... but it was still great to get out there and scrap for a while. I will share pics in another post.

And the other BIG news is that I got my final results for Uni!!! I got High Distinctions for both courses - only just - but I'll take what I can get! That means that I will graduate with a Grade Point Average of 6.882 (out of a maximum of 7)!!! This is a much, much better result than my first degree, where I would have barely managed a GPA of 4 (pass level). So, for all those 'mature aged' people out there, thinking about studying - it is much more rewarding later in life - when you know what you want to do, and are more settled, and determined to do it.



I've also been tentitively asked to tutor a couple of courses next year for Uni - Contemporary Photomedia (photography), and Desktop Publishing. I love tutoring Desktop Publishing - and I think the photography one will be a great opportunity to really start thinking about my camera again - you learn so much more when you teach something!

My students all did well this last term in a web design course I taught as well, and I was pretty impressed with some of the work they put out. It's nice to see that your teaching has an impact.

Oh, and I've lost about 7kg's so far. No rush - and with my scales, that figure can fluctuate 2kgs anyway - but I go back to the diabetes educator on Monday - so I'll have a more official result then with her big scales.

Well, that's all folks! Hope you are all perfectly wonderful, and if you aren't, I hope it's only temporary!!!!







1 comment:

Julie said...

Hope you all had a FABBO getaway Michelle!! Can't wait till we live a little closer to the theme parks. Love the pix, especially that up close one of Emily, she is just adorable.
Congrats on the your uni results, what an awesome result you got.

take care..........