Thursday, November 30, 2006

Accepted!

Well, I got a lovely letter in the mail yesterday... the first paragraph read...

Dear Michelle

The Council of Central Queensland University has accepted the advice from the Dean of your Faculty that you have satisfied the requirements for the award of:

Bachelor of Communication with Distinction


Yay!! Officially I am now graduating. For those planning on coming - or who might be around at the time, it will be Mon March 12 2007 at 6:30pm. Not sure where though as yet - but I do know I will have to pay $60 to be there! Oh, how exciting is this!!!

I know it's been a fait accompli for a while now, but I really hadn't felt that excited... or, well... finished. I just wouldn't sink in properly. But if you can imagine, I'm doing the happy jig *inside* at the moment.

Other news... I've officially lost 9.3kg's so far - nudging the 10kg mark... soon, very soon. I will have to think of something good to do to celebrate the achievement - I intend to celebrate every 5kgs or so. Small steps on a long journey.

Allan came home last night FILTHY dirty. He'd gone to the Capricorn Caves for a school trip. I'd thought they would be doing the guided tour - nice and safe - but no, they were commando crawling, and slithering and all sorts of things around the caves. He loved it! His clothes... well, I'm glad I don't do the washing! He had to walk home from school yesterday as he got in later than normal, and his plans with his friend fell through. Luckily we're only a couple of blocks away.

But, on the way home he found a kitten stuck in the drain outside our house. He tried calling people to see what to do, but it doesn't seem that a lot of people are available after 5pm... so he used his caving skills to get the kitten out of the drain - so we have a cute, ginger tabby kitten here at the moment. Very cute. But I don't want to keep it... but maybe Mum will, if no-one claims him. He sure talks a lot!

OK, bye for now. Don't be good.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on getting your degree through Michelle. You are doing great with you weight loss too.

Hope you find a home for the little kitten.