Saturday, November 25, 2006

Been creating

I scrapped today... with LOTS of PAINT! Very enjoyable. I love hand painting my own papers - it's like making an abstract artwork.

I hand painted some papers the other night, and today I got two layouts done using them. And if I must say so, I like them very much! Don't you just love Kerry's hat???


As promised here are my two layouts that I did with Ngaire. I did some tags too - but I have to finish those off yet. I really enjoyed these workshops, and I think it has helped me get back into my scrapbooking again.

A funny story for you about Ngaire's class. We were starting the layout about ourselves (which left quite a few people uncomfortable) and Ngaire starts talking about how, if we want, we can change things to suit our photos etc, not to stress about getting things exactly like hers.

She then went on to emphasize that there was one thing she was going to insist upon. That for the first layout we HAD to use the text she used on hers - Me, Myself and I - Perfect Just as I am. Ngaire said that she knew a lot of ladies would have a problem writing those words - but they HAD to do it - and she went on to explain why it was so important to her. It was quite nice - like an affirmation actually.

The layout was passed around the entire classroom for everyone to have a look at. It got to the second last person, who then asked if "PEFECT" should have had an "R" in it.... talk about a laugh! Poor Ngaire!!! But it was just so funny that she was "PEFECT" just as she was. I'd call that a Freudian slip... wouldn't you?




So, what's new? Had a delightful day today. The kids got up and cleaned their rooms while I slept in a little (not too much though) and I got up and pottered a little. Mum came over (as she does on a Saturday) and Allan went off to play a Yu-gi-oh tournament - 4 hours for $3 - well worth the money - and literally just around the corner, so he can walk there himself.

Emily and I went downstairs and scrapped together for a while and then Mum, Em, and I headed out to Demedios for a coffee and lunch (Char grilled Chicken - YUMMO - and ultra friendly to my diabetes). My Aunty Gail called at the last minute and joined us - so we had a really nice time. Emily then headed off (with a little help from me) to a birthday party.

Oh, I forgot to mention that while we were out having lunch I ducked into Chandlers next door and bought a Sony Walkman - this cute little flash drive looking thing - and an armband so I can wear it to the gym and tune into the TV's while doing cardio.

Anyway... I digress... Mum and Gail and I came home and sat around the table with a coffee and worked industriously on the WASJIG. AND I FINISHED IT!!! YAY!

What a truly pleasant day. I hope everyone else had a good one.

No comments: