Friday, December 01, 2006

Need Sleep!

There was a time, a while ago, where it would be nothing for me to spend a good part of my weekend doing work. Not complaining - it was my choice - and it was when I let myself do more of the 'creative' stuff. Nowadays though, I seem to be too tired ALL the time - and even though I want to do some work, I just don't.

So, when I said I would put together a DVD over the weekend, why didn't my brain tell me I was dreamin'? The idea being that putting together the DVD just chews up my computer and I can't do anything else while it's on but wait, so on the weekend I could start it, and just walk away.

But, I forgot. Didn't even think about it.

And last night I remembered with a start - and thought, cleverly, that I could just do it before going to bed.... so at about 10pm I sat at the computer, turned on the little TV, and started.

At 2:50am I gave up!

What's happened is that on a couple of occassions I have flown to Sydney to videotape the boss, and make up a very useful DVD all about Matisse Derivan. The first one was a factory tour, overview of products and mediums training. The boss liked it so much I came back and we did a full techniques section to add to the DVD. All good, and all done. We've even had them 'printed' so to speak to send out to various stores/art groups etc.

BUT, then we had the brainwave of putting TV/DVD players into major art stores, and having the DVD playing for customers to watch - they seemed to love it at the Open Day. The only problem was that the way the DVD part was set up - it didn't loop - just went back to the main menu when it was finished. AND, we didn't want quite as much in there. So, I thought I could just delete the sequences we didn't want, and work out how to make it play continuously - and it would all be done!

5 hours later and I still don't know why the surface prep part just seems to go for 5 seconds and then stop, and start again... GRRRRR

It will have to do though. So, if you're in the art store for that 5 seconds - please pretend there must be something wrong with the DVD player for me, will ya?

On a sad note, the kitten is gone. And not to a good home like I would have hoped. No-one claimed him, and so Michael took the poor little thing to the pound - we couldn't get anyone else to take him. Pretty sad, as we were getting quite attached (which is why I didn't want to leave it any longer). But our gorgeous black cat was rather upset about having a kitten in the house, and after the little one wet Emily's bed and soiled Allan's (both just having put on their brand new Sheridan sheets we bought) I knew we couldn't keep him - I am just not ready to be the mother of a newborn again!

No comments: