Sunday, December 24, 2006

PHEW!!!

Well, the week is over, and it's nearly Christmas... and I'm pooped!!!


On Wednesday, Michael drove down to the Gold Coast to pick up my much awaited cupboards from IKEA. When we were there for our mini break, we worked out EXACTLY what we wanted for our bedroom - and I was excited to finally have something that good looking in my bedroom. Much better than the saggy '70's duo that were in there.


But, I got a call from Michael.... they don't have this, they don't have that, and they don't have this. And of course, him trying to make me work out something else in 2 minutes while he's on the phone. But no, I'd spent hours working out what we'd get - making the most of every cm of our walls... and it was perfect! So, in the end I told him to bring back what he could, and we'd just have to make do, and add on the extras at the end.


So, after over 5 hours of construction yesterday, I now have a pretty impressive set of cupboards. Here's what I bought.... http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?cattype=sub&topcategoryId=15597&categoryId=15862&parentCats=15597*15852*15855&storeId=18&catalogId=10103&langId=-26


It's the Hopen Range. We ended up with 2 x 80cm cupboards sans doors (not by choice), and 2 x 60cm cupboards, with doors. We both have a set of the drawers as well. There were none of the corner unit we were going to add to the end of this, and no shelves! But, it's still impressive. I just can't wait to get the rest here to finish it all off. What we have is actually big enough for us - by miles - but I wanted the corner unit to take it from wall to wall. Oh well.


Now, what else has happened? Monday night wa the last night with my painting girls, and they bought be a lovely gift of Lavender body/bath type things - I love that kind of stuff... Anything that smells good. Trudy also made each of us (there's only 3 in the class) a set of 3 bottles of condiments (?). A vinegarette, a salad dressing, and extra virgin olive oil - all with rosemary and peppercorns in the bottle. Very nice! I should have taken a photo, so cute! I do love handmade stuff so much!


Not a whole lot of other news that I can think of... but spending hours putting up IKEA cupboards does tend to sap your brainpower!!!! Thank goodness I have a week off now!!!


Merry Christmas to you all! I'll leave you with our corporate Christmas Email (click on it to make it bigger). Plastered and Busted are so cute aren't they? Anne Cahill did a great job with these - and all in a couple of hours after I'd asked her for 'something'. I've painted one of them (instructions are in our newsletter), and another ornament as well - would like to do some more before Christmas, but I don't think that's going to happen!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the reindeers Michelle. LOL

Hope you manage to find what you need to finish of your cuboards.

Wishing youand yours a afe and happy christmas and new year.

Unknown said...

have a great christmas Michelle!!