Thursday, December 14, 2006

Proud Mum

Today I got to go and sit and watch the awards ceremony for Emily and Allan. It was a special one this year as Allan was 'graduating' primary school, and we'd received a letter home saying Emily was getting an award (we weren't told what for).

So, I went. Emily received the 'Citizenship' award for her class - for being a friendly and caring student. Allan's ceremony was lovely too - and they gave each student a document folder, which contained a photo of EVERY year 7 student for the year and a few other things - it was a beautiful touch.

Allan's best friend Matt received the Dux for his class - so that was nice too, while a couple of Emily's friends also go awards.

There was a sad note though too - one of the year 7 students couldn't be there - and sent a letter for his teacher to read to the class. She couldn't get through it without crying, and it really sounded like a goodbye letter. Allan said this boy apparently has a heart condition they tried to fix, but couldn't (yep, typical boy - none of the full details). Makes you stop and think though - could be your kids.

Other news for today - OUCH!

Yep, I'm sore everywhere it seems from my fall last night. Especially down my right side - even though I fell on my left first apparently (as evidenced by carpet burn on my knee). I had trouble sleeping last night as I couldn't turn over properly - felt like I had boards strapped to me - and it was a huge effort.

I went to the gym, but couldn't put my muscles through the weights - so just did cardio - but even that hurt and I nearly stopped! I came home after the awards and lifting my arm to the computer etc was just too much. I took the rest of the day off, and spent most of it in BED! Got up for about an hour - only because Mum turned up - and then went back to bed and didn't get up until 7pm. I was tired as much as sore - but really, who needs THAT much sleep!!!

I'm getting really, really frustrated at this 'need' to sleep - I really don't want to - but I'm dog tired all the time. I'm going to the Dr on Friday - so I will grill him about my options there - it doesn't ever seem enough sleep, and coffee, Vit B, etc doesn't seem to help... I'm getting really upset, because it also affects my memory and concentration - which is no good for work - thank goodness I've finished Uni!!!

OK... had my vent - signing off now...

No comments: