Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Gone

Well, Grandma passed away this morning peacefully. It still doesn't feel quite real - but I'm sure it will sink in at the funeral a lot more.

I've had various members of the family here nearly all day - our house is home base for everyone at the moment - which is nice actually. Mum and Gail have been organising everything and it's good that they can meet here and do it all. Makes me feel like we're contributing in some way.

I had to go out today to meet with the Diabetes educator - it took 6 weeks to get the appointment - so I desperately needed to go. It worked out well though, as it allowed Mum and Gail time alone with funeral director to organise the hard stuff. However, in typical Mum and Gail fashion, when I came home, the floors were washed and there were clothes on the line. But as Mum said - I wanted to do it - something I had control over.

Anyway, that's enough for today. I have to prepare the eulogy (sp?) tomorrow and create the book (what are they called - order of service or something?) for printing. Going to be busy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Michelle - you are the third person I know in the past 2 weeks who has lost a grandparent! I'll be thinking of you - I know you'll do a fitting tribute in both the order of service and eulogy. Take care!!

Julie said...

Am so sorry to hear your sad news Michelle, i know that the love you have for your grandmother will show through the eulogy you write for her.
Take care.......

Ali Russell said...

Oh Shell....I am sooo sorry....Big hug coming over the bridge if you want me to....Oh chook, thinking of you...I will give you a call
Ali x x

Julie said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Michelle. Will be thinking of you and your family. Big hugs coming your way.