Sunday, October 29, 2006

Catch up

Well, it's been lovely lately just to do not a lot at all. I really need the break from the frantic 'must do' 'must fit in' timeframes I've had lately. I have about 8 assignments to mark, and that's the end of the Uni year for me as a student, and as a tutor. The good thing is that these assignments are pretty easy to mark - very clear, so that's good.

The kids had their school fair on Friday night, so we spent a few hours there, and they had a whole heap of rides like you have at the show there. We paid $19 per child, and they had unlimited rides - great value. Especially with Emily who we would see on one ride, get off, and then RUN to the next. All she did for 3 hours was run between rides! Allan got his money's worth too, but his class also had a stall spraypainting hair and putting on fake tattoos - he was quite the master - and even got his Dad a couple of tats... but couldn't convince him that blue hair was a good look! LOL!

One of the nicest things about finishing Uni is allowing myself the little pleasures, such as reading a book, playing cards and doing a jigsaw (actually a wasjig - much more fun). I've read two books lately - The Husband by Dean Koontz, and Cross by James Patterson. Both good easy reads, but nothing earth shattering about them. I also bought the latest Wilbur Smith book which has the Ballyntines meeting the Courtneys.... both family's stories I've enjoyed reading over the years.

Emily and I have started a new Wasjig too... they are so much fun. The picture on the front is just a clue to what the finished puzzle is, and the one we're doing is a then and now type one, so the picture shows the 'then' and the puzzle shows the 'now'. We've got the outside all done, but can't find ONE piece. I'm sure Michael will wander by and just pick it up out of the box... he's natty like that.

I've also been teaching Allan and Emily how to play Gin Rummy. I'd forgotten how much I loved playing cards as a child. We'd often pay Gin, Canasta etc as kids, and loved it. Too bad my kids are quick learners, because they're starting to beat me already!!!

OK... that's all for now ... back to assignment marking!

xx
Michelle

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like the fete was heaps of fun for you all michelle. Have been reading a few books lately here as well and Dean Koontz has always been a favourite - haven't read this one of his yet though.