Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ho hum

Well, nothing much has been happening since I started my blog. I've been to the Home Show - and was disappointed to say the least. I mainly went for the stitches and craft expo that was being held in conjunction with the Home Show - because I'm not too interested in buying a new tank, blinds or water filters. But I am interested in arts and crafts. So, when I found that the Stitches and Craft Expo only had about 6 stalls all up (and 4 were devoted to patchwork/sewing) I was very disappointed. Luckily I got to talk to Anne Mitchell about the Matisse Open Day

Had coffee with my sister, came home, and then had coffee with Mum. Anyone'd think I would have been on a coffee buzz - but I wasn't - I was exhausted by the early evening and went to bed. Didn't get any of the 20 assignments marked that I wanted to.. oh well.

This week is a week off Uni for me - it will be strange to have 5 days in a row to work - but it will be good - I'll be able to finish off some jobs that have been hanging around like bad smells I hope. I have to paint up some gum blossoms for work - which I'm looking forward to, but can't help feeling guilty for having fun at work.

Emily and Allan both have a big day at school today - the year 3/7 tests - everyone in the state does them to benchmark their learning. Predictably, Emily is excited, and has been doing a sleeps countdown, while Allan told us yesterday that he had a test like that too. Boys!!

Michael has his day off today, which is always nice. So much nicer to wake up with hubby still there, and someone to chauffer the children AND pick me up Macca's coffee.

Well.... there's work to be done.... and it looks like I have to do it... sigh!

Till next blog...

No comments: