Friday, August 25, 2006

Play time - and Loving it!


Well, Ali and I had a play date last night, which as per usual consisted of me wondering where I put everything, and Ali actually achieving something. Doesn't bother me, it's great to have a night that's just play time for me. No-one relying on me to finish something, nothing having to be perfect, and plenty of talk time. I've realised that I really do need to give myself some fun every so often - because with work, uni, family and all the other responsibilities, I can tend to be so focussed that it might be months before I allow myself some time.

Of course, when things get too busy, it's the fun, just for me stuff that gets shelved.

Last night, at the last minute I decided to try out one of the Kerrin Quall layouts I'd done in her workshop on the larger 12x12 size. Ali was amazed that I actually got a layout done! So was I. Of course, in the bloodrush, I thought I knew how to spell... and got Epitome incorrect. Fixed it this morning, but you'll have to imagine the 'e' there now... ;)

I've also nearly finished a painting I've been working on for work - Some gum blossoms. I've been trying very hard to make it not look to 'folk arty' and it's looking quite good in person... but it's not photographing quite as well - darn! This pic looks like it's got a white haze over it that isn't there. GRRRR.

Oh, and it's nearly the weekend... did you know??? Don't forget to watch the netball finals tonight on ABC2 or tomorrow on ABC!!!

Michelle

No comments: