Tuesday, August 29, 2006

STOP THIEF!

Please, take my advice, DON'T leave everything until the last minute... because there's a thief going around stealing them! I know I left my assigment till too late - but for some reason I thought I had a full week left to work on it. So, I needed to look up a database of journals so I could collect research... and BAM! just like that the last minute theif turns up and takes away time from me by running 'scheduled maintenance' on the database so I couldn't use it anymore.

And then, last night, after working all day, then coaching netball that night, I knew I had to submit my assignment - but I'd wanted to read through it again to double check... and I knew I didn't have a whole lot to do... so I wasn't rushing... I had a good couple of hours to get it done and dusted... until Midnight... I would even have it done a little early...

Until the thief came and robbed me of those couple of hours by turning off the electricity!!!! ARRGGGHHHH!!! I was on such a roll too - literally only had to finish a sentence and check through for typos and formatting.... but of course.. no electricity.... no computer... no email.... LOTS of frustration!

And you know, I gave up and went to bed, and it didnt' come back on until after 12:30... Damn you thief!

Next time I promise to get things done earlier.... Good news is that I finished the required amount of assignments marked that I needed to - and moderation (where the lecturer checks to make sure I'm marking consistently with other tutors, and doing a good job overall) went well.

Now, I promise to try and get things done a bit ahead of schedule!

No comments: