Thursday, August 31, 2006

A reason for fatigue

Well, my Aunty Gail was just over for our Hot Date Thursday lunch... I was talking to her earlier today about being very, very tired all the time - even when I've had a good sleep! So, she came in today and brought her diabetes tester with her (I had gestational diabetes with the kids - so I am at risk for it now) and we did a finger prick test..... 13.8!!! OK... for those that don't know.... that's high! Should be 4-5 before a meal, and hopefully under 6 after a meal!

So, I'm off to the doctor's this afternoon, and I think I'll be spending my Thurs night shopping for sugar and fat free foods.

Funny thing is that I'd been planning on going on a diet soon. But I had just wanted to wait until Uni was done, and I had time to start it all properly - it was going to be my next big challenge. Will have to see if my sis wants company at the Gym... because I know exercise and weight loss helps - so I have LOTS of potential.

It's actually a kind of relief. I know that sounds silly - but I've been wanting to diet for a while now, but not found the time. I know with this, I will do it - and I will have 6 months of it before the next netball seasons starts - and my A grade mind won't be held back so much by me E grade body. OK, I'll still be short - but hopefully a lot faster and fitter.

It's a good thing.




Sort of....

No comments: