Sunday, August 27, 2006

I think I'm over it all...

Well, I really do think it's a good thing this is the last term of study for me... cause I'm really over it! All I can think about is what I'll do when I'm finished.... you know, have a life! I probably shouldn't have taken on tutoring 2 classes this term - but I am really enjoying it... except the whole marking thing... but I do find it quite rewarding! What I don't like is that my working week is so fractured - it makes it that much harder to achieve what I want... and so I start doing a bit on the weekends, and late at night... which is silly because it puts me under even more pressure to do the other things in life.

Talking of which, Michael, bless his soul, is about to take the kids out for a few hours so I can finish writing up this assignment (I actually got quite a bit done yesterday - but I need to spend some time making it 'smarter' by adding some supporting research etc). I also have to mark some assignments and I've decided that preparing to teach for Tues/Wed can wait a little longer, as can writing up the exercise for my class..... they will be gravy if I can get them done today, but I'm not going to run myself silly getting them done.

This morning was nice - I went to bed early(ish) and got up early (for a Sunday). Emily insisted I go back to bed so she could make me brekky in bed - a hearty bowl of porridge - our little treat. So, when the porridge was boiling, I dashed back to bed so she could treat me. We ended up lighting candles at the dining table (yep, it's fun watching the wax drip) and sitting together eating brekky, doing the crossword ... well, she's 8... so I do it, and help her work out the clues... but she loves it.

Now I need to go and do some study. The netball training is planned for this arvo - which is good, it's not playing on my mind anymore. I'm feeling nearly OK about everything... nearly in control... ;)

I'll leave you with happier thoughts... Only 6 weeks of Uni left until I graduate!!!! Only 2.5 weeks of the netball season...

No comments: