Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hic!

Hi all

As some may have picked up on, I've been quite retrospective the past few days. Quite low actually - and not one thing I could point to and say - there, that's why!!! Just a low. You get that. Felt quite bad all day today - really just wanted to curl up in bed and sleep it away. Perhaps watch a soppy, cry along with movie...

But I'm over it now....

Hic!!!

Went out tonight for the netball break up. Had a few wines... and I'm happy as Larry again! Should have bought the wine ages ago!!!

It was quite a nice night, that could have been much worse. The president and I do not get on. I don't know where it started, but I certainly have no respect for the man. I mean, it's our presentation night, and we only have 6 teams - and all night he referred to the C grade team as B Reserve, and the C Reserve team as C grade. It was even on the trophies!!!

Talking of which. I got the Most Conscientious player award for the team I am in (too short and unfit to most valuable!). Aren't you proud??? LOL.

If I wanted to, I could work myself up into a state of crankiness as once again I was overlooked for the Senior Coach of the year award. You would think that after coaching for a club for 11 years - and getting teams into the finals EVERY year I could score some recognition. But it has nothing to do with my abilities, or how much effort I put into my coaching, or even how well my team does or how much they appreciate me. Nothing at all. So, I let it slide. I actually think I would have been more upset to get it - because it still wouldn't have been about my coaching.

But, at the moment, I have had too many wines to care... I enjoyed my night out with the girls -I got a lot of great feedback from them, and felt appreciated so much! Big hugs all around from my players, and from so many other people. Who needs another trophy?! Hey, I even had a good old dance tonight! I was nearly the youngest on the dance floor too! I even won a game of pool. I got ONE of our balls in... and it didn't go into the pocket I was aiming for... but it went in... lol.. it's not how well you play - but picking the right playing partner.

OK... off to bed... hopefully this good feeling will linger over the weekend as I have a couple of assignments to work on - and a lot more to mark! Only TWO more weeks of UNI left!!!!!

Happy happy to you all, and to all a great night!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Great to see you had a fantastic night michelle....and a couple of glasses of wine are always good for a pick me up LOL. Hope you've had a great weekend.