Thursday, September 21, 2006

Some people just make me happy

Yesterday I was feeling quite glum. Down. Upset. And for no particular reason. I think if anyone had said anything remotely harsh to me, I would have been crying. I nearly did anyway - without provocation.

And without knowing it, today there were some people that put the light back into my soul. My best friend called me 'just for a chat' - it's so funny how we can not talk for ages, and then both be thinking of each other at the same time. It's a lovely friendship - a no judging, supportive friendship. There's no competition, and no-one cares who's turn it is to call etc. We just do it. We don't get to see a whole lot of each other anymore - but I love the moments snatched with her. Love you Crissy.

And then I received some really supportive words from another friend. I could blush with all the nice things she said ... I'm going to save that email J - for the next time I'm feeling blue - very special.

I have other friends too - and they keep me going. There are a lot of people out there that I truly love and feel great about having in my life. People I cherish.

But my best friends, and the ones I cherish the most are my family. I feel so strongly for them that it hurts some days. I miss my sister who is in Melbourne, and her little family. I love my brother and sisters so much. I must love my Dad to bits - because I'm sure I married a 'mini me' version of him - they are so alike it's scary! My Mum... she's something else. She's my rock, my support, my confidant... my friend.

Having lost a child I never got to hold, it makes you treasure all that you have, and fear losing them as well. I made up my mind a long time ago not to leave the loving unsaid. I can't bear the thought of losing someone I love an wondering if they really knew that I loved them. I say it. I do it. I love with reckless abandon.

I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Ali Russell said...

Oh Michelle,
I am so sorry that you were feeling sad yesterday!!!! You know I am only a phonecall away! If you feel like a coffe or something we could meet or i can come around if you like!! Cheer up chooky! Thinking of you!
Love ya heaps
Ali x x