Monday, September 11, 2006

Sick - but with so much to do

Well, I've succumbed to the illness that has been happening in our household the past couple of weeks. Not happy about it either - I have spent most of the weekend in bed - just so I could do something each night.

Julie and Ali came over Saturday night and I set them each a challenge while I made up some new stamp pad colours for Julie. Complain, complain, complain! And that was just Ali! Their challenge was to use a COLOURED background paper (as opposed to their favourite black and white) and the scraps from the scrap box. Now, both these ladies are pretty much Chatterbox type fans.... and much of my scrapbox was Basic Grey and other bolder pieces - so it was a challenge to them. I also gave them each a small 6x4 photo - while they're used to using much larger pics for their pages. I will share pics of the results when I can get one of them - I left my camera at Alis... and they used Clear Dimensional Paint - so I wanted to let that cure properly before I scanned it.

I did my own layout too... for the Embellished Cybercrop challenge - but didn't get to upload it. I've been trying out a Kerrin Quall inspired simplified layout style lately.... so what I did with this one was very simple.... but... well.... I fiddled and I junked it up quite a bit! I like it though, so that's all that matters!

I went out last night with the netball girls I coached - in celebration of the season. They're such a lovely bunch it was good to do a bit more with them. I made them all a little bookmark that read 'Runaways Topaz {star} 2006' just to remember the season by. Leesa said some very, very nice things about me as a coach and basically told Liz (who is also the treasurer) that it was an embarrassment to Runaways that I have never received a coach's award the whole time I've coached for Runaways. She also made some other pointed remarks... I hope my Mum heard - she'd have been happy to hear that!

We finished the night at Cold Rocks icecream shop which one of the players own... they had a low fat icecream so I was pretty good, and only had it in kiddie's size... and it was very nice - especially with a sore throat.

I couldn't sleep well last night for some reason - you know the nights when you toss and turn and toss and turn... and then I got up around 9am - Michael was home and took the kidlets off to school - and then went back to bed until 11:30! Guilt free - yep, I know I'm sick when I can do that! Hopefully things will improve - otherwise I won't be able to tutor tomorrow... I can't talk! But their assignment is due at the end of the week, so they probably need me to talk.

Oh well...

1 comment:

Julie said...

The challenge you set Ali and Julie sounds great. Can't wait to see the end results.