Friday, September 15, 2006

Scrappin' Happy

Well, my little playmate came over tonight..... and watched ME scrap! Normally it's the other way around - but after nearly a week in bed - I was hanging out to play. Had one idea running around in my head all day... had to get it out!!!

So, here's what I finished off tonight.

This first one is my Grandma - who has recently had to move to a home after a fall broke her hip, and, it seems, her spirits. Such a strong woman who has had a hard life - and still thinks she's lucky. Love you Grandma!


This is the one that was running around in my head all day! And it even came out much the way I'd been thinking. I had a whole lot of little pics in my pile from testing out my new printer with various papers... and lots of other reasons... I thought it would be cool to do this sort of thing with them, as they are much to small for a layout in their own right. And, let's face it... I've already used most of them. Note to self - take more photos!

I'm really pleased with this one actually. I like how the title came together - little inspiration there from Ali - which helped. She suggested the flowers and the lettering ON the flowers. How simple, but effective.

OK.. off to bed sleepy heads!

3 comments:

Julie said...

great job michelle, sounds like you had a fun time. LOVE the way your grandma one came up, is fantastic!! Like the other layout as well, what a great way to include all the little pics we ever take.

Julie said...

Love the 2nd layout Michelle. It has given me an Idea to do something simlar For a cj I'm in that has the peices of me as it's theme. Hope you don't mind.

Ali Russell said...

Looks great Michelle...I have seen the garandma one as a working progress for a little while now..looks great finished...and the family one I love...works so well