Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Is everyone sick in Rocky?

Everywhere I look at the moment, there's sick people! My children are still coughing, Michael just started coughing last night too, they caught this from the girls (well, women) that were sick in the netball team I coach. Then Ali's little man is sick, and I filled in for netball last night at 9:30 because my friends team had FOUR away sick! Sheesh!

I had my folk art class that I teach last night. Only a couple of die hards. One of my regulars has had to fly to Brisbane for some sort of nasty test - so I hope everything is good with her - thinking of you M. They left early so I could run upstairs, get changed and go over to Netball. I'd forgotten what it was like to play at that level - no, not high, low. I have decided that I much prefer a slightly faster paced game because by the time the ball gets down to my end I'm so flat footed as I don't want to go for the ball too early - and when they take so long to pass it to anyone, that's normally what happens!

Finals tonight for Runaways Amethyst! I'm under no illusions of grandeur... I've got a feeling we'll go under, but if there's ONE team in this grade we have a chance of beating, it's these guys. Especially with good umpiring. Not that it really bothers me if we win or lose - I don't think we have a hope in Hades of defeating the top 1 or 2 team if we were to win tonight. It's just a matter of if we pull the bandaid off fast or slow....

Tomorrow night will be the team I coach - which I do have high hopes... no... expectations for.

:)

No comments: