Monday, September 18, 2006

The look of love

Oh, no! Not another LOVE post!!! I must be feeling a bit mushy!!! OK... I won't tell you the prose I thought up last night as well... must be a sugar high or something.

I was lucky enough yesterday to win one of the continual swaps available at Embellished yesterday, and the deal is that I need to post one of my own. I thought this time I'd thin out my patterned paper stash a little as well as give away some paints (that's got to be expected) but, when I went downstairs.. I accidently did this!



Doing a layout like this has been on my mind since seeing
this layout by Alice. I know, it's nothing like mine, but it really made me start thinking about simplifying layouts. Ali, this is my late 1 hour challenge... yep, didn't take me too long to do at all! I've been loving adding a bit of old lace to things lately too - and this is the first time I've ever roughed up the edges like that - I quite like this. Not as simple as my inspiration - but the lines are quite clean.

Anyway, the working week has started.... have fun!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love the layout Michelle as well as the pack you posted at Em. Missed it by that much {lol}

Ali Russell said...

Love the simplicity of the layout...it works so well together!! Great job Chelle!!

Julie said...

i remember that layout of alice's and i too loved the simplicity and minimalist look she achieved..... and i love the way you have interpreted that into your own layout, it looks fantastic michelle