Saturday, September 30, 2006

Nearly done

On Thursday night Ali came over and we had a lovely night gossiping while a little scrapbooking gets done. She brought over a copy of Elsie Flanagans book of challenges. We had two challenges to do - make our own chipboard embellishements and create a frame for our pic on the page. I tell you - this book is way cool! I think I could work through it from #1 to #52 (or whatever it goes through) and thoroughly enjoy it.

Here's what I came up with...


Kinda cool. I like the way my E Star came out... but there's still something not quite right about it all... but I'll live with it...lol...

Here's a close up of the E Star. I was very happy how this part turned out. Been wanting to use leather thonging for a while now!Have a look at Ali's challenge here. I gave her the orange cardstock - just to get her away from black and white... pretty fresh looking hey?

I would have posted all this on Friday... but you see, I couldn't... see that is.

I had an appointment with the eye doctor... not an optomitrist... but the other one.... opthomologist or soemthing... anyway, part of the diabetes stuff. They put these series of eyedrops in my eyes (boy do I freak out with things like that) and I am told that my pupils were so dilated by the end of it, that my iris (the coloured bit) was just a thin line around the edge. EVERYTHING was blurry and I couldn't read a thing. I suppose I've been used to good eyesight, that losing it, if only blurry was a bit of a shock. Apparently though, I have excellent (nay, perfect) eyesight though. Could read the smallest of everything easily. The Dr also said that I wasn't showing any effects of the diabetes (which apparently can cause 'leaking' or bleeding at the back of the eye). So all good news.

Oh, and let me tell you - it was a bright, bright day yesterday. Could not stand the sunshine! Everything was brighter because of the drops.

Anyway, it's school holidays, so Mum and I went shopping after the trip (not like I could do much else) and we went to Best and Less to get the kidlets some summer clothes - esp togs. Emily had to read all the sizes/prices too me - I couldn't see them! We left with quite a bit of stuff - very happy children... and ducked down to the lingerie shop to check out other clothes (you know the sort - practical stuff). And when we got there, we found out they had a 25% off sale - so Mum and I were very happy - and bought a few... garments... each.

Then we got to have lunch with our friend Jodie G. Hiya Jodie. She's moved up north, but was in Rocky for a few days - it was so nice to catch up - we used to have a coffee after indoor netball - it was a ritual, and we've missed that. Too bad Jodie has to go home. Miss ya!

OK... well that's enough of a catch up I think... better go and get some marking/assignments done... sigh... (I don't wanna!).

Only one more week of classes left!!!!!!

Michelle



No comments: